Sunday, February 26, 2012

CANCON GOODIES



Hi all, took a bit of a break from it all, between the hot weather and my laziness not a lot could get done, so I'm just going to show off some of my Cancon Goodies that I picked up while I was up in Canberra, you would have read that my Brother and I got involved in some demo games while we were at the convention and as a direct result ended up purchasing two versions of Wings of War, which is an air combat game using miniature planes, I purchased the WW2 version and my brother picked up the WW1 version of the game.



Once we got back to Melbourne, I joined an online forum which is specifically to do with the Wings of War game, I quickly realised that the WW1 version of the game was quite popular and that most of the planes were hard to get, coupled with the fact that the license rights were sold to another company and the WW1 planes were not being made anymore, so I decided to put the WW2 version of the game to the side, and help my brother purchase as many WW1 planes as possible, the race was on !! buy them as cheap as possible and as quickly as possible.




Wings of War forum: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/content.php

6 comments:

Lord Siwoc said...

The RED BARON flies again!!!

Simon Quinton said...

Indeed looking forward to this. Something I like but probably would never do.

The Extraordinarii said...

@Lord Siwoc - Yes he will my friend, he is on his way from the states even as we speak.

@Brummie - Hold that thought Brummie, thats what I used to think, until I played a game, look out for the batreps.

Luckyjoe said...

Very cool. I've heard a lot of good things about this game but haven't tried it, yet. I'm looking forward to more.

The Extraordinarii said...

@Luckyjoe - The fun factor is high on this game, and I've only played the simple version.

Zombie Ad said...

Cool stash. Played the 1st WIngs of War and love it, actually looking forward to X-Wing later this year too