Thursday, December 9, 2010

DAWN OF THE DEAD (2004)





The other night I had little to no motivation for anything miniature (due to a busy day at work) so I decided to throw on my Blu Ray copy of Dawn of the Dead (2004 Remake), now there probably isnt many of you out there that haven't seen this movie, Right ? But I thought I would post on it because this movie would have to be another one of my top five zombie flicks, so basically the movie follows a young nurse through the outbreak of a Zombie apocalypse, firstly on her own and then with a group of survivors that she joins up with, the group eventually barricade themselves in a mall, and towards the end of the movie they attempt an escape to the seaside in an effort to grab theselves a boat and get off the mainland, their thinking being no land no zombies. 
The movie was well acted with good effects and directed by Zach snyder (300), the stand out moment for me was when they were sniper shooting zombie celebrities from the mall roof in the zombie crowd down below, great moment funny as.
This is the second of my five favorite zombie flicks, the first being Day of the Dead (2008), as I watch them again I will review them and post them up here, let me know what you think if you have seen this movie.

3 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Its a good movie but I still prefer the original because the group get on better and are more likeable, I find not liking a lot of the characters to be the main problem because if you do not like them you do not care when they are killed/infected....etc.Day of the Dead is a better movie because you care about the zombies more than the survivors but Zombieland is my current No.1.

Vampifan said...

I, too, much prefer the original and would go as far as to say it is my all-time favourite zombie film. The Angry Lurker hit the nail on the head when he said you care more about the main bunch of survivors in the original. Also, I much prefer slow, shambling zombies to fast-moving zombies. I'll always view the original with great affection as it was the reason I developed a passion for collecting zombie miniatures.

The Extraordinarii said...

I hear what you guys are saying, I think it takes a lot of different ingredients to make a good movie,and different things appeal to different people, I like the remake better for a couple of reasons the zombies are faster (I prefer my zombies that way)and the effects are more modern, It doesn't matter that much that I am more disconnect from the main characters as I find unlikable characters more interesting, as I have mentioned before Dawn of the dead is one of my top five Zed flicks, it has too many missing elements to be the best zed flick out there.
Thanks for the comments guys.